Montclarion

Since in 1852, The Montclarion has served the community of Montclair for 160 years. The newspaper was originally founded, like its sister newspaper, the Piedmonter, to garner community in an area of Oakland that was at times hard to reach prior to the construction of highway 13, due to Montclair being located in the Oakland Hills.

Currently the newspaper is distributed in Rockridge and Montclair. Along with the Oakland Tribune and Piedmonter, the Montclarion was bought by the Contra Costa Times company, and later folded into the Bay Area News Group. Currently coverage done by the Montclarion is mainly local columns regarding ongoing events in Montclair as well as culture columns.

Cite this Page:

Emily Mibach, “Montclarion,” Street Stories: Oakland, accessed October 16, 2018, http://streetstoriesoakland.com/items/show/105.

Share this Story